Log in if you have an account
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Small alpaca wool blankets from Ecuador
These beautiful blankets are made in Ecuador of alpaca wool. Inspired by the volcanoes of the Ecuadorian Andes, the cultural colors, native prints, and designs. These super soft blankets can be used everywhere, the couch, or as a bedspread, and they are
Alpaca blankets from Ecuador
A beautiful alpaca wool blanket for on your couch or bed, who wouldn't want that? They are warm, very soft and made in Ecuador by local communities in Otavalo. The blankets are 110 cm by 185 cm and will fit almost any sofa and bed.
Here are a few more benefits!
- The blankets are softer than cashmere and warmer than sheep's wool.
- The blankets are hypoallergenic and do not sting
- The blankets are water and dirt repellent
- The blankets are reversible
- You can use the blankets both indoors and outdoors
The alpaca blankets are personally selected by Rebecca. There is a strict selection on quality, Rebecca selects the products for her webshop on honesty. Everything is purchased directly from the local communities. When you buy an alpaca blanket, you support the local people of Ecuador. Because the blankets are made in small numbers, there may be small differences in color, size or composition. But in general, these differences are so small that you can hardly see it.
You can also view a lot of authentic products from Ecuador here, see for example our alpaca ponchos and the alpaca scarves. For more authentic products, we would like to invite you to visit our Travel Store in Zutphen, where we sell the one and only Panama hats, hand-painted pottery, delicious avocado oil and much more!
All colors and motifs of the blankets are inspired by the South American style. They are cheerful and easy to combine. There is something for everyone, whether you love red or blue or yellow or green, it doesn't matter, we have it all!
These warm blankets consist for the most part of alpaca wool, namely 70%. The other 30% consists of 20% cotton and 10% acrylic. The alpaca wool makes the blankets very soft and warm. Alpaca wool consists of hollow fibres, which allows the wool to retain heat well.
You would prefer to use your alpaca blanket 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, but that is of course not possible. At some point, it must or will be washed, but how do you do that best?
It is best not to wash the blanket but to let it air out. Alpaca wool is self-cleaning and by allowing the wool to air, any unpleasant odors will disappear. But if there really is a stain, it is wise to wash the blanket. You can do this in the washing machine on a wool or hand wash program, preferably no higher than 30 degrees. Use washing powder with a neutral pH value or wool detergent. You can use fabric softener, but it is not necessary.
If you do not trust to put the blanket in the washing machine, you can also wash it by hand. For a hand wash, use cold water and wool detergent. Use plenty of water and do not rub. You can use fabric softener for wool. Remove the excess water from the blanket with your hands, but do not wring. Rinse with cold water and pat the blanket with a dry towel until most of the water is gone.
Finished washing and then what? It is very important to know that your woolen products should never be hung up to dry! And never put in the dryer! Instead, try to squeeze as much water out of the blanket as possible and let it dry flat over a drying rack or towel. Ironing the blanket is not necessary.
Shipping & Return Policy
Buy your alpaca native blanket today and you will (usually) receive it the next day! We work together with PostNL and all orders are (usually) shipped the same day. This way you can enjoy your new acquisition super-fast!
If the product is not completely to your liking, you can always return it. You can do this via a PostNL point in your area, the costs for returning are for the customer.
These beautiful alpaca blankets come from Ecuador, Rebecca buys them from the local communities that are located in the Andes Mountains. These blankets are forwarded to the Netherlands without an intermediary and eventually end up in our concept store in Zutphen.
Sometimes it is possible that a product is no longer available on the site, this is because we then have too little or no stock of it. Then the product goes offline for a while and when we have received new stock, we put the product back online. If you have a question or a product is still available, you can always contact us. It is possible that you can still order the product from the store!