Log in if you have an account
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Our favorite picnic recipes
It's almost summer, time to go outside. We prefer to do this in combination with a picnic and good company! On a sunny day we grab our alpaca picnic blankets and Panama hats and walk, cycle or drive to our favorite spots in the area. A good picnic naturally includes a snack and a drink, which is why we have listed our favorite picnic recipes here!
Before the picnic you can be found us in the kitchen to prepare the tastiest snacks. Our favorite recipes for a successful picnic are 1) sweet potato salad, 2) a cheese bread, 3) the rice salad from Ottholengi and 4) homemade lemonade. All these dishes can also be found online, but for the sake of convenience we write them out for you here.
This dish provides color and is also super tasty & healthy! Sweet but fresh and delicious both hot and cold. You need an oven to make this salad, so it's smart to prepare this dish in advance.
- 800 gr sweet potato cubes
- 200 gr snack tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 100 g feta
- 12 spring onions
- 1 lime
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- baking paper
- pinch of salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50 gr walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Mix the sweet potato cubes with the olive oil and the herbs, divide over the baking tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Cut the snack tomatoes into quarters. Halve the avocado, remove the pit and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Then cut the flesh into cubes. Crumble the feta, roughly chop the walnuts and cut the spring onions into thin rings.
- Mix the tomato, avocado, feta and spring onions with the potato cubes. And sprinkle with the walnuts.
- Squeeze the lime and mix the juice with the mayonnaise. Serve this as a dressing with the salad.
A cheese bread is perfect for any occasion and is also very easy to make. You need: a large round bread such as a 'Pain de Campagne', cheese of your choice (this can be camembert, mozzarella, brie or grated cheese), butter, garlic and parsley. Also delicious with dried chili flakes and finish with salt and pepper. You also need an oven for this dish, but you can of course also choose to get some different types of cheese and dips that you can eat immediately with a baguette!
This delicious Mediterranean rice salad is perfect for summer. The rice is prepared in the oven with mint and when ready it is mixed with a salsa of green olives, feta, walnuts and pomegranate seeds. A salad full of flavor with a sweet and a sour which is very tasty on a hot summer day.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 300 gr basmati rice
- 40 gr butter
- 600 ml boiling water
- 35 gr mint
- 120 g feta
- 40 gr pitted olives
- 90 gr pomegranate seeds
- 40 gr walnuts
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 garlic clove
- Preheat the oven to 230 degrees. Place the rice in an oven dish. Add salt and pepper to taste. Melt the butter, boil the water and pour both over the rice. Place the sprigs of mint on top but save about 10 grams of mint for the salsa. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and place in the oven for 20 minutes until the rice is cooked and all the water has been absorbed.
Tip: If you do not want or cannot use an oven, you can also cook the rice in a pan with the mint.
- Cut the olives into rings, press the garlic, chop the nuts and finely chop the remaining mint. Mix everything together in a bowl and set aside.
- Remove the bowl of rice from the oven and remove the foil. Remove the leaves from the mint sprigs and mix them with the rice. Then spoon the salsa over the rice and sprinkle with crumbled feta. E voila!